Saturday, August 29, 2015

Just Keep Swimming


Hi there! Welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You. I'm Dave-El and I want to dive into your ocean.  

Short blog post today. Got lots of things to do AND I need to wrap up tomorrow's Doctor Who post. (Yep, back to old habits, writing right up to my self-imposed deadlines. Episode 3 of Prisoners of the Daleks will be posted here tomorrow by the demand of no one in particular.)  

Among the things NOT happening today is a visit to the pool. This is the last weekend of August and although I'm not a big fan of summer, I do fancy the occasional hang out in the pool. Not by the pool. No, I'm not paying good money to get into a pool only to sit BY the pool. If I wanted to sit in a chair and NOT get in the water, I can do that at home for no money. No, dammit, I stay in that pool until I'm shriveled up like Rupert Murdoch's junk. 

I came across this photo some time ago and have been looking for an excuse to write a post around. Well, screw that, I'm shoehorning it into this one. 




Oh my God, I can see her upper arms! Hie thee to a nunnery, you wanton woman!  

Seriously, there are people at the pool who really should consider this as an option. There is a very, very limited window of opportunity to wear certain revealing swimsuits. If you have an AARP membership, you're at least 30 to 40 years outside that window. 

Let's take a look at this lovely two piece swimwear ensemble modeled by Alyssa Miller. 








































You may think you might want to wear this so ask yourself a very important question. 

1) Are you Alyssa Miller? 

If the answer is no, then no, you may not wear that bikini.

If the answer is yes, then answer this question.

2) How many years has it been since that photo was taken? 

If the answer to that is any number greater than 5, then I would suggest you reconsider, Miss Miller. 

If you're a man and you want to wear a Speedo, answer this question: 

1) Are you f**king crazy?

There is no window of opportunity for any man of any age or size to wear a Speedo. Never! 

OK, I've filled some space on the blog for yet another day. Thanks for dropping by. New Doctor Who fan fiction coming up tomorrow. (Fingers crossed.) 

Until then, be good to one another.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

An April 24th Birthday Post

I was born on April 24, 1963 which makes me 61 years old today. But I am not quite frankly that interesting and I'm not exactly where I ...