Thursday, December 3, 2015

We Interrupt This Insanity With More Insanity

And here we go again.

As I write this (5:35 PM EST, 12/3/2015), the news is still rolling out about the latest shooting escapade that we in America seem to enjoy a whole lot. And no, we don't enjoy it at all, it's a totally fucked up way to live where we ask every single damn day, "Who got shot today? How many dead?" Yet we continue to live like this as if we WANT it to be like this. I mean, there are things we can do within out power to move this country out of this fucking war zone towards a more perfect union. But no, our political "leaders" won't do shit about it. And there's just enough dumb assholes out there who think that any effort to curb gun violence in this country is just an excuse for Obama to take their guns. 

Listen, Obama ain't coming to take your damn guns! If he was going to do that, he would've done it by now! No, the whole idea of someone in power coming to take your guns in just a paranoid fantasy stirred up by political power brokers who need just enough of you stupid people to keep themselves and people like them in power!  

Yes, I'm angry! Again! We've been here so often! Hell, I don't even post on this blog every time a shooting occurs. I would have to change the name of this blog We Interrupt This Insanity With More Insanity! 

No, I do NOT want to live like this! I want to post my stupid efforts at alleged comedy! I want to pontificate on the merits of Doctor Who and Batman! But, no! 

You know what? I'm not angry! I'm fucking pissed off! 

  • At whoever pulled the trigger today and all the assholes who have pulled the trigger everyday before now! 
  • At the greedy bastards who are only concerned with retaining their grasp on power! 
  • At the stupid morons who help facilitate that grasp on power! 
  • At the media who are all over these things when gun smoke and the echoes of gun fire fill the air but disappear when the drama subsides! 

As I write this, I don't have the details beyond 14 people dead and apparently there was more than 1 shooter. Fuck the details! One or 14 or a hundred! Any number is too damn big!

When are we going to reclaim our world? 
 
__________________________________
 
Amended, 12/3/2015, 10:19 AM
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Down Time

"Blog bidness"? Uh oh!  It's a blog post about the blog.  That's never good.   I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You wil...