Friday, December 11, 2015

Get A Beer When Vader Does New Material

Did you know Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be in theaters next week? 

I know! I thought it was out already. Seriously, the full court press for this movie over the last several weeks has been so pervasive, I think if you piece all the clips and trailers together, you may be able to see the whole movie.  

So last year, everyone was desperate (DESPERATE, I tells ya!) for ANY piece of info on the new Star Wars movie, the first from Disney and director JJ Abrams and the first without the involvement of George Lucas. If the first two firsts were of some concern, the latter...well, 3 poorly conceived prequels from the mind of a man no one was saying "no" to had pretty much tarnished that rep. 

"Here's your hat, George, what's your hurry, look at the time, guess you gotta go, see ya." 

Still, as the saying goes, "Better the devil you know than the one you don't." With Abrams on board, we only knew one thing for sure: there are lots of opportunities for lens flare on Tatooie. 

Anyway, as we get closer to the release of The Force Awakens (click here for last year's post on alternative titles), I may pontificate more on this in a later post, particularly if I get stuck for an idea (like I did today. What? Can't you tell?)  

Today we take a look at the dark center of the original trilogy and the caramel nougat center of the prequels, Darth Vader, and what life may have been like if the dread Sith Lord had become a rock star. 
















OK, that's that for today. Tomorrow is a post about some damn thing or another. Sunday brings this blog back to Doctor Who

In the meantime, remember to be good to one another. 

Dave-El 
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Down Time

"Blog bidness"? Uh oh!  It's a blog post about the blog.  That's never good.   I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You wil...