Saturday, March 5, 2016

Dave-El the Cheerleader

A few weeks ago when Jeb Bush dropped out of the race for President, I noted an old adage about the importance of never giving up.

"If at first you don't succeed, try and try again. If you're still not succeeding, stop. You're making a damn fool of yourself."

And back before that when I was dealing with my pneumonia, I had this uplifting expression to offer.

"Whatever doesn't kill you.... isn't trying hard enough." 

So I thought I would be your own personal cheerleader and bolster your spirits with some more upbeat and uplifting expressions of joy and confidence.

So let's GO!



















Er, OG?  

"Life is a gift. Be sure to get a receipt."

"When life closes a door, God opens a window which is pretty creepy if you're a burglar trying to break into a house."

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then pour that lemonade into life's eyes. That'll teach life to fuck with you."  

"The glass is not half-empty, it's half full... with poison." 

"The grass is always greener on the other side where they use the best shit for fertilizer."  

"When life gives you lemons, put those lemons in one of those t-shirt cannons they use in sports stadiums and fire those lemons right back into life's nuts!"  

"You can be anybody you want to be if you just set your mind to it... is a saying you can put on a button to add to your TGI Friday's uniform."  

"There is no 'I' in team....but there is 'at me'. Also 'meat'."

"War is never answer...unless the question is 'What is raw spelled backward?'"   

"You are the sunshine of my life... which is why I have skin cancer."  

"Be all you can be! Or be most you can be because let's be realistic here, being 'all' can be is a lot of work. Or you know, maybe just aim for being half of what....Fuck it! Be a bare minimum you can be. Why knock yourself out?"  

"I get knocked down, I get up again! You're never gonna keep me down! I get knocked down... OK, I'm just gonna lie here for awhile."  

"If life gives you lemons, what the hell? Enough with the damn lemons already!"  

Well, I hope that was of some help to bolster your spirits and gets you on your way. 

To the liquor store to stock up on vodka and gin. 

Everyone be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: Easter Explained!

  This Sunday is Easter. And Your Friday Video Link for today is Jim Gaffigan explaining Easter. Sort of.  Don't worry, there's a bu...