Thursday, March 31, 2016

Life In the Big City

Hi there! Welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You! I'm Dave-El and I've got those little town blues. 

Today, this blog is going recount the epic tale of my daughter's encounter with....


LIFE IN THE BIG CITY


In this case, New York City

Yes, that New York City, the city that never sleeps.

Or bathes. 

To tell you more about this adventure, I'm turning (sorry, getting choked up a bit) this blog (my dear, sweet blog) to my daughter, Miranda (you better not break this blog!) who, like her dear old dad, has a nom de plume (French for "NO! Not the PLUME!") for the internet, Randie Brooks. Which is not as clever as, I don't know, using a Kryptonian name but who I'm to judge. It's just my blog. 

Sigh.  

OK, all right! Take it away....whoever you are! 

________________________________

Hi. I'm Randie. I guess you humans could call me Miranda, but I'd prefer you didn't. I'm not in the mood to kill anyone right now. So, we're gonna go through some of my favorite pictures from the trip and I'll try to explain the awesomeness of New York!


This is Times Square. It's very crowded and very loud. It's also really cool (once you get past all the strange people dressed in knock-off cartoon character outfits trying to take your picture and steal your cash).



























This is a view of the city from atop the Rock. 
That's Rockefeller Center which was ridiculously 
tall and has an ice rink downstairs. 
Why do they have an ice rink?
Because it's New York City, bro!
This is inside St. Patrick's Cathedral where apparently
it's very important to be very, very quiet. 
Well, somebody should've TOLD ME THAT
before I got hushed by an angry nun (I thought the Hallelujah Chorus would be a good thing in a church)!





















































This is an actual honest to God New York City
subway where I got to see an actual honest to God
New York City subway rat! It was so exciting!
The dude taking the picture was one of our chaperones.
He's taking a picture of me taking a picture of him
taking a picture of me taking a picture....
I should stop now.  




























This is at the 9/11 Memorial which is seriously 
a very moving experience to stand there and 
realize the terrible thing that happened that day
and all the lives lost. 



























OK, back to fun stuff! Well, sort of. 
We went to Madame Tussaud's wax museum place which was utterly terrifying. Everything about that place made me wish for the Times Square people, but I couldn't resist getting a picture with Will Smith as Agent J (MIB is seriously one of my favorite movies EVER!). 


























This is a photo with me and some of my friends at the Statue of Liberty which was kinda not that impressive. 
See how small it is. It fits on top of my head! 
All right, I'm kidding! Seeing the statue was super cool!














































I have a lot more pictures, but those are the main highlights of my trip. I enjoyed my time in New York and I enjoyed writing a post for this blog ^-^ 
  
I love you, Daddy!!!!!
(maybe he'll pay me if I suck up enough)


But on a serious note: I honestly admire you as a writer and I love your blog. It means a lot to me that you included me.  

_______________________________

Thanks for sharing your story with us. It sounds like you had an amazing time doing something I've never done before, go to New York City. Well, if I ever get to go, maybe you can be my guide. 

I'm proud of you and I love you bunches.

And no, I'm not paying you to help write today's blog post.

________________________________


And that's that for today. In case you're wondering where the regular Thursday diatribe against Ted Cruz is, well, I've been doing some thinking about that and...

Well, check in tomorrow for a very important announcement. 

Until then, remember to be good to one another. 








Wow! The Statue of Liberty REALLY does fit right on top of Miranda's head!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday TV Touchbase: Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV

Andrea and I finished up the documentary series Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV   .  The 5 episode series chronicles the lives of chi...