Saturday, September 24, 2016

Blog Bidness: Blog Vs. IRL


Hi there!


You know what they say about the best played clams of rice and hens….


Or something like that.


Plans for this blog had to take a back seat to happenings IRL (which I was surprised to learn stands for “In Real Life” and is NOT the feminine version of the name “Earl” as I once suspected).


In all seriousness, my mother was very ill on Thursday which necessitated hasty exit on my part from the Fortress of Ineptitude. She had a bit of a bad fall at her assisted living facility home but thankfully did not suffer any of the maladies associated with 78 year old women such as a broken hip. It seems, however, that she has a urinary tract infection which can be especially hard on people with Alzheimer’s which my mother has. She was very disoriented and shaky. It was, to be blunt, very hard to see her in that condition. After a brief stay in the hospital, she’s back in assisted living but in a different room, one closer to the main desk where the staff can keep an even closer eye on her.


I met with the hospice nurse and her assistant who have been very instrumental in her care for the last 2 months. It seems that a part from the infection problem, mom’s condition is on a consistently downward track. This is not a surprise. There’s no “ take all your medicine and do what the doctor says and you’ll get better” when it comes to Alzheimer’s. It’s only going to get worse, a little bit or a lot, fast or slow, it doesn’t matter. There’s only one direction that Alzheimer’s goes in. So the family is looking at the next step, of moving mom from assisted living to one that is dedicated specifically to the case of Alzheimer’s patients. We knew this day would come. Again, it is not a surprise. But that makes it no less heartbreaking.


There’s that going on plus other stuff and junk that keeps real life frustrating and annoying. But also, perversely, interesting. I heard Garrison Keillor once say, “To a writer, there are no tragedies in life. It’s all material.”


So whatever nonsense was going to be in today’s blog post ain’t happening today. Maybe another day.


And then there’s tomorrow, Sunday. Here on the blog thing, Sunday is Doctor Who Day ‘round these here parts and I posted last week that this Sunday would begin a new fan fiction serial. Believe it not, it is mostly written. In fact, I even have part of Episode Two ready. But putting the horse back in front of the cart, I still have some editing and tweaking to do to Episode One. Instead of trying to force this on through with a limited amount of time to work on it, I’ve decided to bump of the premier of my new Doctor Who adventure until next week. Tomorrow’s post will be something different but still Doctor Who themed.

I'll be posting the usual stuff 'n' junk starting Monday. Yes, I have some thoughts on what's going down in Charlotte NC and, of course, the campaign for US President continues on much like a virus or a fungus or maybe a fungal virus or even a viral fungus. Whatever it is, it ain't pretty. 


So that’s all I have for today. Please keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers or in your solemn supplications to the Krytonian sun god Rao, I’m not picky. Until the next post, remember to be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Out Of Office

OK, technically I am in the office. I working at my work-work computer which is within sight of my personal laptop wherein I compose this bl...