Friday, May 18, 2018

Blog Post #1,800





Please be upstanding for the mayor of Simpleton. I am Dave-El and this is the 1,800th blog post to I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You.

 

Prior to today, I have posted 1,799 time to this furshluginer blog and for what purpose other than to entertain the Russians?

 

Let’s talk about the Russians for a minute. Last week, my blog stats began reflecting some very disturbing analysis of who was reading this blog. Most of the time, most of my hits come from the continental United States. Last week, most of my hits were coming from Russia. I mean, a lot. My numbers from Russia were 3 times the numbers from the USA.

 

What gives? Was I being hacked?  Why were so many Russians suddenly interested in I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You?

 

I don’t want to sound paranoid but the spike in Russian interest did coincide with some virulently anti-Trump posts in the wake of Li’l Donnie’s violation of the Iran nuclear deal. Was Vladimir Putin checking out everyone who was bad mouthing his boy? 

 

Seriously, what was with all the Russians?

 

By this week, the numbers for Russia are at a significantly lower and less paranoia inducing amount. That’s what I get for looking at the stats. 

 

So for what purpose do I post to this furshluginer blog?

 

I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You is a record that I was here and I had thoughts and feelings about things. When American democracy is left a smoldering ruin, there will be this record that at least one idiot (Me!) saw it coming. 

 

I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You is a record of my anger, that people were stupid enough to be suckered into voting for that over inflated sack of moronic protoplasmic goo as President and that there was nothing I could do about it.

 

IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!!!!!!

 

I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You is also a record of the mundanity of my life as I fret and worry over the increasing costs of comic books and what the heck is going to happen next with Doctor Who.  

 

Seriously, what the heck is going to happen next with Doctor Who? I mean, come on, Chris Chibnall, give me something, anything. Just a brief clip of the 13th Doctor doing something, eating a sandwich, playing Candy Crush! C’mon, Chris! Something? Please?!?!?

 

Also, comic books costs too much.


And furthermore, seriously... Russians?!


Anyway, no matter who the heck is or is not looking at this blog, I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You looks to continue, staggering forward like a Walker on The Walking Dead or something.


What's to come? Tomorrow is the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Megan Markle so I have a blog post ready to go about that.


Staying in an Anglophile state of mind, Sunday will see a Doctor Who post.  As I noted last week, Doctor Who posts used to be a constant and pervasive presence on this blog but this year, eh, not so much. 


Sunday will see the beginning of a new Doctor Who fan fiction script as we take one more journey with the 12th Doctor, Bill and Nardole. With any luck, that story will be followed by promised/threatened scripts featuring the 10th and 11th Doctor. 


After that, Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson go gay.


And sooner or later, I will wade back into politics. The constant and pervasive stupidity and malfeasance of Li'l Donnoie Trump cannot be ignored for long.


And beyond that? I have no idea. 


I am quite curious what the hell else I can inflict on this blog.


In the meantime, remember to be good to one another.


And as always, I'm so glad my suffering amuses you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Out Of Office

OK, technically I am in the office. I working at my work-work computer which is within sight of my personal laptop wherein I compose this bl...