Friday, May 4, 2018

Star Wars Day Vs. Cinco de Cuatro


Today is the 4th of May which means you will be forced to cope with this crap all day:

 

“MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!” 

 

Yes, the Star Wars fans and the wannabe Star Wars fans who are trying to show they are clever will be out in force.

 

Out in… force?

 

No, I was not going for a Star Wars pun.

 

May 4th is also Cinco de Cuatro. In the 4th season of Arrested Development, it was revealed that Cinco de Cuatro is a Newport Beach holiday started by Lucille and George Bluth in 1982 as a way to destroy all Cinco de Mayo food and decorations so Lucille's Hispanic staff wouldn't take May 5 off.

 

Also May 4th is the day that the 4th season of Arrested Development drops on Netflix. Again. 

 

OK, the 4th season of Arrested Development originally debuted on Netflix May 26, 2013.   The show’s format was different  with each of the fifteen episodes focuses on one individual character. After I finally finished my re-watch for seasons 1 through 3, I recently started on season 4. And it has been challenging.  

 

Two nights ago, I made it to  episode 7 which was a spotlight on Gob.  I gave up about 10 minutes in.  Gob was my least favorite character in seasons 1 through 3 so the idea of spending a half hour focusing on him was not very appealing.  And 10 minutes in, I saw little to change my mind. 

 

Now I’m wondering if I should continue with this experiment. Today, May 4th, Cinco de Cuatro, show creator and producer Mitchell Hurwitz is releasing his  re-edit of season 4 with the  story in chronological order. Ron Howard recorded new voice-over material for the recut.  The recut is titled Arrested Development Season 4 Remix: Fateful Consequences which will re-shuffle the content from 15 individualized stories into 22 interwoven stories the length of the original series .

 

In recognition that it is Star Wars Day, let me say, “I have a bad feeling about this.”

 

Well, be it Star Wars or Cinco de Cuatro, I hope you have a good May 4th.

 

Tomorrow is the first Saturday of May and you know what that means:

 

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

An April 24th Birthday Post

I was born on April 24, 1963 which makes me 61 years old today. But I am not quite frankly that interesting and I'm not exactly where I ...