Thursday, May 17, 2018

There, Their, They're! Don't Fret Over the Typos

Sometimes I get bored so I go online to read some of the archived posts on I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You. That Dave-El is such a goofball, ain't he? 


As I review stuff going back to 2013, I am consistently frustrated by all the typos. I am irked....IRKED, I tells ya! when I find so many misspelled words, poor punctuation and missing words. It really makes me so angry!


There, their, they're, Dave-El. Don't fret over the typos.     


Sigh!




I see this a lot on line where trolls will take apart someone's post on Twitter or what have you with, "How can you take someone seriously who doesn't know the difference between
there, their and they're? 

I can't speak to other people but I do know the difference between there, their and they're.

They're over there, minding their own business. 



But nonetheless, I keep find sentences where it looks like I don't know the difference. 


Doesn't Trump have anybody their who knows what there doing over they're. 


OK, that sentence has there, their and they're all mixed up for comedic effect to make a point. I had to think about what I was doing in order to deliberately get it wrong.


So why does it keep happening to me and to others who I am sure are reasonably smart people who know the difference between there, their and they're? 


Besides inevitably messing up there, their and they're, another typo I constantly keep catching myself doing is mixing up "as" and "has". 


I keep finding lots of examples of using "as" instead of "has". I know the difference. Why do I do that? WHY?


Another irritating typo that I constantly have to watch out for is leaving out words, especially small but crucial words that can change the entire meaning of a sentence.


Like the word "no".  Or "not". 


Trump does have a clue what he's doing


Oh hell!


Trump does NOT have a clue what he's doing.


As I review the past 1,798 posts on this blog, I am mortified by the number of typographical errors that help me look dumber than I am.


I don't need help to do that. 


And yes, my retrospective introspective of this blog is due to it's reaching a significant milestone. The next post will be post # 1,800!


That's a nice round number. I should do something celebrate.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Out Of Office

OK, technically I am in the office. I working at my work-work computer which is within sight of my personal laptop wherein I compose this bl...