Friday, February 14, 2020

A Conversation

Sometimes it's hard to have a conversation. 

Things get in the way.




Like not having a cup of coffee yet.

I empathize with that sentiment even though I do not drink coffee. 

I wish I did. Getting a cup of coffee seems to be a good conversation starter.

"Hey, let's grab a cup of coffee and tell me all about it." 

I never learned to appreciate the taste of coffee. It tastes like someone took something that was burnt then added water. 

I do like to drink tea. Sweet iced tea is a my jam. If you told me that I would have to give up drinking sweet iced tea or I would die, well, I guess I gotta die. 

I also have a fondness for certain hot teas. I find a nice cup of orange pekoe to be quite relaxing. 



I know I'm a Star Trek nerd but sorry, Jean-Luc Picard, I've never quite got the appeal of Earl Grey tea. 

I hope Earl Grey tea is not made from the cremated dust of someone named Earl Grey.

My daughter Randie has never understood the concept of tea. I think she regards tea as little more than dead grass clippings and someone adds water. 

Here's an idea for a conversation: freeze dried water. Water in powdered form. When you need water, you just add...

...

OK, that's a topic in progress. We can workshop it later.

Speaking of conversations, today I get to talk to my therapist. 

I have to pay someone to talk to me. 

My therapist wants me to make friends.

I would but I keep running into set backs in the laboratory. Making friends is very the difficult when its hard to get the right parts. Damn tariffs on Chinese goods! 

Although I may be missing the point and she's not telling me to make friends from spare parts, metal or organic. I think she wants me to meet someone and engage in a conversation.  

I think it might be easier to make one from spare parts in the lab.  

Also today is Valentine's Day. I will be expected to take my wife Andrea out to dinner and... and talk to her, I guess? 

Speaking of Valentine's Day, tomorrow's Songs For Saturday will spotlight some my favorite love songs. 

OK, that's all for this post. Until next time, remember to be good to one another. 

And that is enough writing for one day.  




...

...

Seriously,  freeze dried water. Water in powdered form.  

Think about it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: The Man Who Knew Too Much

"A" is for April. And "A" is for Alfred.   As in Alfred Hitchcock. As April draws to a close, Cinema Sunday's Alfred...