Sunday, August 4, 2019

Doctor Who To the Max (Like, Totally)

From Variety.com

HBO Max is stepping into the world of Time Lords, sonic screwdrivers and the TARDIS.

The forthcoming WarnerMedia streaming platform has acquired the exclusive streaming rights to “Doctor Who,” with all 11 seasons of the historic BBC series coming to the service upon launch in spring 2020. The news comes as part of a deal with BBC studios which means the streamer will be the home of future “Doctor Who” seasons after they air on BBC America.

Considering the hatchet job BBC America does on Doctor Who episodes, I would almost prefer Doctor Who be first run on HBO Max even if I have to pony up for another streaming service.

I'm already on Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu and I barely have to time to watch one of them. 

Then I may have to spring for CBS All Access if I want to watch Star Trek: Picard. And I do. 

I may be further tempted by HBO Max if they were to fold in the DC Universe service. I really want to catch up on Doom Patrol.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: A NewsRadio Security Briefing

Recently my Tik Tok feed has been sending me clips from the classic 1990's NBC sitcom NewsRadio. I don't know why. I mean, I really ...