Friday, August 16, 2019

Life At the Fortress of Ineptitude Is Different

In December 2000, Andrea and I brought our daughter Randie home, a beautiful baby with a contented smile and dark eyes that danced with the electric starlight of our Christmas tree, her tiny fingers wrapping around my finger.  

Life at the Fortress of Ineptitude was different. Our adventure was just beginning.  

Today in the sweltering heat of August, Randie made the 3 hour journey to her new home away from the Fortress of Ineptitude.  The adventure continues but is also in many ways just beginning. 

The journey from high school girl to collegiate young woman has begun.  This is a new and significant step in her life and her development. It is a step that she has working towards from the moment I held her in my arms as she wrapped her tiny fingers around my finger, as she smiled with delight looking in wonder at the dappled lights of our Christmas tree nearly 19 years ago. 

Today, life at the Fortress of Ineptitude is different. It's just Andrea and me now and life as we've known it for us has taken a different turn. 

What will we do without our daughter living with us?

What will I do now that my friend is so far away?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: My Dinner With Andre

Well, it's been a wild ride on Cinema Saturday for the month of April.   We started off with a nuclear submarine on a mission to stop a ...