Monday, August 26, 2019

Nukes and Hurricanes


One of the recurring themes of this blog is that Donald Trump is a moron.

 

Sometimes I reflect and ponder on that point and then I arrive at a more sophisticated and nuanced observation: Donald Trump is a fucking moron.

 

Every single day and on n almost hourly schedule, Li’l Donnie will say or do something that is so humongously stupid, that it cannot help to begat the repeating refrain: Donald Trump is a fucking moron.

 

Here’s the latest.

 

Donald Trump wants to nuke a hurricane?

 

Really? God, Donald Trump is a fucking moron!

 

Except…

 

Well….

 

OK, I have to admit it and I really hate to admit it but now I’m kind of curious.

 

What would happen if we nuked a hurricane?

 

To be fair and as I understand it, that is in fact the question Trump asked.

 

Now we know and understand that inside that monstrous blob of man shaped fat we know of as Donald Trump is the mind of a little boy. And little boys want to play with their toys. And there is no “toy” more enticing to a United States president with the mind of a little boy than a nuclear bomb.

 

C’mon, Trump’s itching to nuke some shit because he can and he wants to. 

 

Why not a hurricane?

 

Damn it!

 

OK, I’ll bite: why not a hurricane?

 

Now, I am not a scientist. I’ve seen actors on TV pretending to be scientists but I myself am not one.

 

But not being a scientist, I imagine the first big objection to using a nuclear weapon against a hurricane is the radiation.

 

Assuming the purpose of nuking a hurricane is to destroy it before it makes landfall, such a strike would take place out over the ocean. The currents in the water and trade winds above the water would spread radiation around. Whole swaths of our eco-system would be irradiated and would inevitably make landfall. 

 

But putting aside the issue of radiation for a moment, what exactly would be the effect of a nuclear explosion on a hurricane? What would be the effect of the sheer concussive force of a nuclear bomb on a violently powerful weather system like a hurricane?

 

Well, damn it, I want to know!

 

So, thanks for nothing, Li’l Donnie, for putting that thought in my head.

 

He says the stupidest things and then we have to think about it because, hell, you never know with this fucking moron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: A NewsRadio Security Briefing

Recently my Tik Tok feed has been sending me clips from the classic 1990's NBC sitcom NewsRadio. I don't know why. I mean, I really ...