Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Liz Isn't Interested In BOYS

In a recent posting on Comic Book Resources, I came across this comic book cover. This is the cover to Young Romance#197. In the early to mid 1970s, DC Comics published a number of romance comics. 

And yep, that's a 100 page comic book for only 50 cents.

I'm not 100% sure but the cover art looks like that of Bob Oskner.



And speaking of that cover....

WHAT'S THIS? 


"Liz isn't interested in BOYS... you know what I mean."

NO! I don't know what you mean!  

OK, I think I know. I know what the salacious part of me wants it to mean but....

It's a comic book with the seal of approval from the Comics Code Authority AND it's 1973!

It can't be what I think it means! 

Come on! Spell it out! Don't assume I know what you mean! 

"Liz isn't interested in BOYS?!?!"  

I want to know why! 

OK, given that the comic book is from 1973 AND it is approved by the Comics Code Authority, I'm gonna guess the twist is... 

"Liz isn't interested in BOYS because she's only interested in MEN!"  

Oh. 

I get it. 

Not BOYS but MEN. 

Yeah, I see...

But if only.....


Oh, if only!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: My Dinner With Andre

Well, it's been a wild ride on Cinema Saturday for the month of April.   We started off with a nuclear submarine on a mission to stop a ...