Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Jack Kirby's New Girl

Dave-El here and welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, the blog where Manic Pixie Girl Meets the Power Cosmic!

Today, no Strange(er) Adventures.  Guess what the next cover gag was going to be? Something involving gorillas and bananas? If you're thinking that, then yeah, it was time to change things up.

Instead what I have here today is something I promised to deliver threatened to unleash many weeks ago.  Now, I have never professed to be some artistic genius and I'll admit this is a very crude work. (I'm working with the standard Microsoft Paint feature. I might as well be working with crayons! On a cave wall! With my feet!)

Still, the idea of combining the most absolutely adorable Zooey Deschanel with the awesome power of Jack Kirby's artistic genius was too amazing a concept to ignore.

My lack of talent be damned, I wanted to see...
 Jack Kirby's New Girl!!!

So here it is!


 
 
 
Yeah, it's just...
 
...just...
 
...well, it's SOMETHING, isn't it?
 
I swear, if someone actually made this an actual comic, I think I would almost have no choice to buy it! THIS is what DC needs in it's precious New 52!
 
OK, for the record here is the unaltered cover to New Gods#1
 
 
And here is the unaltered Zooey Deschanel!
 
 
Again, I know it doesn't look great but I think I want to see more issues of Jack Kirby's New Girl!
 
 
And if I can somehow work in banana jokes involving gorillas.....
 
 
Later, everyone!
 
 
Be good to one another.
 
__________________________________________________
 
 
Dave-El (AND Zooey Deschanel!) can be found on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DayWayLo AND at https://twitter.com/ZooeyDeschanel)!
 
And next week would've been Jack Kirby's 96th birthday!  Although long gone, Jack is still the King of Comics!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

News of the World: Storms and War and Other Things

Over the weekend, really bad weather hit the mid west United States with tornadoes.  A LOT of tornadoes. And VERY BIG tornadoes.  One really...