Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Internet Is For Corn: Goodbye, Farewell & Amen


Hello, visitors!
 
I am Dave-El and this is my blog, I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You with guaranteed freshness in every can.
 
Today we present what is, for me and I'm sure for most of the internet, a very somber event.
 
Nine weeks ago, I did not anticipate the wild roller coaster rider I was in for when I launched this feature. And what a ride it has been!
 
But, alas, all good things, as they say, must end.
 
Today is the final installment of.....

THE INTERNET IS FOR CORN!




Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind






 
Memories, sweetened thru the ages just like wine


 

Quiet thoughts come floating down
And settle softly to the ground
Like golden autumn leaves around my feet



















I touched them and they burst apart
with sweet memories,
Sweet memories






Of holding hands and red bouquets
And twilight trimmed in purple haze






And laughing eyes and simple ways
And quiet nights and gentle days with you






Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind




Memories, sweetened thru the ages just like wine,






Memories, memories, sweet memories






















Ah, good times. Good times.
 
<sniff>
 
I promised myself I wouldn't cry.
OK, corn, one last song:



I'm so glad we had this time together,

Just to have a laugh, or sing a song.

Seems we just got started and before you know it

Comes the time we have to say, 'So long.'


 
 

And thus we bid adieu to the leading internet feature based on a yellow vegetable that grows out of a green stalk. We say farewell to....
 
 
THE INTERNET IS FOR CORN!

 
 
But while this is the end of this feature, I sincerely believe we will carry THE INTERNET IS FOR CORN in our hearts and while we do, THE INTERNET IS FOR CORN can never truly die.  
 
 

Now and forever more...
THE INTERNET IS FOR CORN!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: It's a Beavis & Butthead Renaissance

  This image below has been making the rounds on social media following this past weekend's Saturday Night Live. It's Mikey Day and ...