Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Enter Doctor Fate

Back near the end of May, I posted a bit of...for lack of better word, let's call it "artwork"...that I had composed. In that case, it was The Spectre

Today I'm posting another... "artwork" of mine, this time of Doctor Fate.  


Doctor Fate created by Gardner Fox & Howard Sherman 




















As I covered in the previous post, a lot of my tricks are put to use. Most prominently, the old "energy cracking from the hands so I don't have draw actual fingers" trick.  Note the Doctor Fate has a full face helmet which helps me skip over any of that pesky "knowing how to draw a human face" business. 

Still, for all my limitations of skill and of time (this was done over less than a lunch hour), I kind of like it. I prefer the moodier art of the Spectre drawing but this character is different; instead of oozing out of the shadows, Doctor Fate is a blazing golden sun against the darkness of evil. 

Or something like that. 

Below is the original pencil sketch.  















I have a Batman I did at lunch last week but I'll save that for another time. (And yes, there will be shadows. Lots and lots of shadows.) 

Dave-El 
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You

_________________________

Wednesday:
A new edition of Comics Blah Blah Comics. This week, the specter of "Batman created by Bob Kane" gets stirred up again. 

Thursday: 
More Batman with a classic page from Kyle Baker

Friday:
bROkEN nEWs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday TV Touchbase: Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV

Andrea and I finished up the documentary series Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV   .  The 5 episode series chronicles the lives of chi...