Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Here's the Story of a Plague of Zombies

Hi there! Dave-El here and welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, the blog that will go halfsies on a nice delicious brain if you want.

So Halloween will be here soon so I'm gearing these blog posts towards something Halloween-ish for a few days.  Today, we look at...zombies! 




In the spirit of full disclosure, I do not watch The Walking Dead

I understand it is a very good show and a lot of people are dedicated to watching it. But it's just not for me. The idea of watching week after week of post zombie apocalypse doom and gloom just isn't something I'm in to watching, no matter how good it is. 

But like a lot of things in pop culture, just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean I'm not aware of it and I'm not prepared to poke fun at it. 

So here we go! What happens when you cross The Walking Dead with The Brady Bunch (which I have seen)?

This!

Here’s the story of a plague of zombies
That infected lots of people ‘round the world.
Causing brains to rot and blood to splatter
As people’s skin unfurled. 
 
Here’s the story of a cop named Rick Grimes
Who woke up from a coma just to find
That the world was overrun with evil zombies
Eating humankind

That’s when Rick Grimes went right off to fight the zombies
With a ragtag gang of misfits, it was said
That they killed each other as much as zombies
That’s the story of the Walking Dead.
 
The Walking Dead!
The Walking Dead!
That’s the story of the Walking Dead!

I thought about making a 9 grid graphic to emulate The Brady Bunch opening but with zombies. But that sounded like too much work. Then it hit me that surely I'm not the only one to mash up The Walking Dead and The Brady Bunch.  So I Googled "Brady Bunch Walking Dead"....OK, I used Bing (don't judge me!) and I found this! 

























Here's the link to the original online.  I did make two modifications to this graphic: I added Ann B. Davis who played Alice in the middle and at the top I added Rick Grimes, played by....I don't know. I did say up front I don't watch the show. I think the actor's name is the same as one of the US Presidents. Taft? Coolidge? 

Yeah, I know that on The Walking Dead, the zombies are called "walkers". 

Zombie is funnier that walker. So there! 

More zombie stuff:
 OK, that's enough with the zombies for this blog post. See you tomorrow for a Halloween themed comic book sort of a thing.

Until then, watch out for zombies and be good to one another.

Dave-El
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday TV Touchbase: Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV

Andrea and I finished up the documentary series Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV   .  The 5 episode series chronicles the lives of chi...