Monday, January 26, 2015

Hey, Internet! Whazzup?


Dave-El here and welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, the blog that asks...

Hey, Internet! Whazzup?  

______________________________________________________

Sunday marked the historic occasion of Duke's Mike Krzyzewski getting his 1,000 win as a head basketball coach, the first Division I basketball coach to do so. Sweet! Coach K has consistently run a high quality program at Duke and serves as an inspiration for other coaches and teams across the country. There are so few people in sports truly worthy of admiration; Coach Mike Krzyzewski is at the top of the very short list. Congratulations, Coach K! 

Duke v St John's

______________________________________________________

Greensboro NC hosted the U.S. Figure Skating Championships this past week which culminated on Saturday for the woman (we gotta see that!) and on Sunday for the men (eh, why not?). No, I did not go even though it was within a few miles of my Fortress of Ineptitude. I had enough on my plate this weekend to keep me busy. (OK, sleeping.)  Anyway, I like women's figure skating because I can admire the grace and the beauty of the female form without appearing too pervy.  

The big winner for the women was Ashley Wagner who won her third title in 4 years at the incredibly ancient age of 23. Yes, 23! That's OLD in ice skating. In fact, Ashley is, at 23 (I can't stress this enough!) the OLDEST person to win this thing. 23! Gee, somebody issue this woman a walker and an AARP card, quick! 



______________________________________________________

For every single Saturday and/or Sunday since the weekend of March 30, 2013, I have posted at least 1 thing related to Doctor Who. Until this weekend. I sat down to write a Doctor Who post and was totally stumped on what I should write about. Don't get me wrong, I'm still as much of a Doctor Who geek as ever but I think I just a needed a bit of a breather from the topic, at least writing about it. I'm checking various sites on an almost daily basis to see if there is anything posted from the filming of Series 9. So I expect Doctor Who posts will resume this weekend. 



______________________________________________________

I can be found over on Twitter (click here) where this past weekend I reached the epic milestone of... 154 followers. Yeah, I know. That's no big deal for a lot of people on Twitter but it is for me. I started on Twitter in 2012 and after 3 years I'm at 154? But I haven't really tended that particular social media garden but lately I've a bit more to say which has lead to an increase in favorites and retweets which has driven the number of followers up. (For a long time, the number seemed stuck at around 120 to 125.)  

Here are some pithy Tweets that got some attention: 


  • Without Fox News how would we know where the bottom is?
  • I really don't want to comment on hats. I mean, the science on hats is not all in.
  • Hats are a liberal agenda out to destroy American values! --Senator who received donation from Rogaine lobbyist
  • In case you're wondering if I built the Laser Blaster Death Cannon 3000 myself. No, I bought it from
  • The expression "half ass" suggests there may be other ass measurements but no one says "1/4 ass" or "2/3 ass".
  • I'm so bored now, my self loathing lacks the energy to decimate my ego.


And now you've changed your thinking from "Gee, only 154 followers?" to "Damn, that's why he only has 154 followers." Well, you go ahead and think that, see if I care. 

And I'm so glad my suffering amuses you. 

Be good to one another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Bidness: Down Time

"Blog bidness"? Uh oh!  It's a blog post about the blog.  That's never good.   I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You wil...