I want to follow up on some stuff I touched on in last week's post.
My daughter's church league basketball team did not lose on Saturday. They accomplished this task by not playing. No, they didn't forfeit a game nor was a game cancelled. There simply wasn't a game.
Now for those keeping score at home, this is how Miranda's basketball season has progressed.
- Week one: team plays first game of the season but has not had first practice.
- Week two: team has first practice but there is no game scheduled.
So I'm not holding out much hope for my daughter developing mad b-ball skills and later in life pulling down some of that sweet, sweet WNBA money.*
*Yes, I know there's no such thing as "that sweet, sweet WNBA money".
Last week I posted on Twitter my appreciation of Duke's victory over Boston College and I got this response.
OK, that's not good but it's early yet. Do NOT count the Panthers out yet!
This does NOT speak well of the kind of cookies that my computer picks up that makes the internet think this kind of ad is for me. But there are SO many questions.
- Just how old is this woman? I know I'm supposed to be focused on the legs and the breasts (hmmmm! chicken!) but I can't stop looking at her neck. I mean, look at it!
- Those breasts can't be real, can they? I mean, each boob has got to have it's own gravitational field. I have a nightmare vision of her breasts expanding and bursting through the tight fabric of whatever it is she's wearing as the National Guard is called out to protect us from the ravaging super knockers that are destroying the countryside.
- Since there is no credit card required, am I safe in assuming this will be a cash transaction?
- Will my daughter get to practice for then play a basketball game?
- Why can't there be sweet, sweet WNBA money?
- Will I continue to rely on Duke basketball to unjustly bolster my self-esteem?
- Will that one Tweet from @KWBLAIR continue to torment me?
- Will Cam Newton now have time to shop for better fitting pants?
- Does anybody else have a craving for chicken?
|"But I like these pants!"|