Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Let's See What Sticks

Hi there! Dave-El here and as I write this, I'm not feeling so hot. So I'm going to randomly post some graphics I had prepped for possible future blog use but haven't done so yet. 













This is a panel from Squirrel Girl#4....er, the first one that was published earlier this year. With the ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT Marvel Relaunch in October, S.G.'s getting a whole new #1 issue which means another Squirrel Girl#4 will be coming around. 

Where was I? Oh yeah. 

On close inspection, you will realize that the panel has been altered. In the original, Galactus says talking to squirrels "is not really that big a deal". Here, I've inserted my internet nom de plume (French for "not the plum") for some reason that I forgot about. 

Well, it's kind of goofy anyway and...let's just move on.

EXCEPT just a reminder that Squirrel Girl is an awesomely great comic book and it's recommended by my daughter as her favorite comic so there you go. 

NOW we move on...



























This issue was a straight up fever dream of a Marvel Universe run amok. It was like a comic version of Airplane! with one joke after another after another firing off in rapid succession. If something didn't work, another joke was just right around the corner. It featured such alternative takes as...

  • What if Cyclops' energy beams came out of his ears?
  • What if Thor spoke with a Swedish accent?
  • What if Luke Cage wielded the hammer of Thor? 
  • What if Dazzler was a comedians instead of a singer?
  • What if Daredevil was deaf, not blind? 

And many, many more absurd takes on the Marvel U. 

I did the above cover image around the time of the Ant-Man movie. Not sure what message I was trying to convey there.

So what do we have here?



This is a picture of an old Mac computer. 














This is a picture of Old Mac and Cheese.











You see, it's not just an old Mac computer but a picture of aged cheddar cheese. Get it? Aged? The cheese is old too. So it's Old Mac...

...and Cheese...

Did I mention I don't feel well? 














OK, this is something I put together. It wasn't hard to do but still, we're talking an expenditure of some amount of time which doesn't speak well of how I spend my time. 

The middle part of that image is something I stole borrowed from Mike Sterling's Progressive Ruin blog. It's some kind of Doctor Who thing from back in the 1960's.  It was called the Mind Mesmeriser because the Creeper Outer was too on the nose. 

So that's some time killed and another blog post to be studied by alien historians from the far far future.  

Tonight is the debut of Stephen Colbert as host of the Late Show in CBS. I hope to catch it has it airs but I may have to catch up on lit ater. I will post something about that but probably not until Thursday.  

So I have no idea what's going to be here tomorrow. But I'm sure it will be an sparkling example of quality internet bloggery that you've come to expect here at I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You

All right, you can go. Oh, be good to one another. And you're all very pretty. 

'Bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday TV Touchbase: Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV

Andrea and I finished up the documentary series Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV   .  The 5 episode series chronicles the lives of chi...