Monday, November 2, 2020

Manic Monday: Time Changes

 I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You
Manic Monday #2

______________________________________


Dave-El and Rosie in a poorly conceived selfie

So the clocks turned back this weekend and my internal clock is once again fucked up.

The self inflicted torture of the twice a year time change is a pain in the ass to deal with, even the relatively good one in the fall when we fall back an hour and get an extra hour of sleep. 

I'm always in favor of extra time to sleep. 

But still...

I spend several days as the clocks around me fail to agree with the clock inside me. And I'm not the only one affected.  

Our dog Rosie has no clue that time has changed. 

In her time living with us at the Fortress of Ineptitude, Rosie has become quite the creature of habit.  There are specific times she goes outside for bathroom breaks. One of those is at 7:00 PM. So she starts pacing around the house at 6:00 PM because she can't read a damn clock but the one inside her doggy mind is telling her it's 7:00 PM and she needs to pee.  

Rosie is not an outdoor door by choice but damned if she wasn't actually eager to get outside at 6:00 PM. So I let her out and she was quite relieved to be able to be relieved.  

Why the hell do we do this to ourselves? 

Below is a clip from Last Week Tonight with John Oliver that explores time changes and how this is still a thing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Star Wars Movies

  Today is May 4th which leads to "May the 4th be with you" which makes this Star Wars Day.  So today's Cinema Saturday will b...