Saturday, November 14, 2020

Songs For Saturday: Dum Dum Girls

 


Sometimes it's complete serendipity how I discover music.

About a month back, a video found it's way into my You Tube feed for a song that came out in 2011, "Bedroom Eyes" by the Dum Dum Girls. 

Not sure how it got there but damn was I immediately and completely enamored. 

OK, I'm a sucker for lovely long legged ladies like the ones who populate this video. Fine, I'm a perv! 

But I also really like it when women rock!  And the Dum Dum Girls do rock! 

Let's kick off this week's Songs For Saturday with the Dum Girls and "Bedroom Eyes". 



Well, just who are the Dum Dum Girls. 

Dum Dum Girls was an American rock band formed in 2008, starting life as bedroom recording project of singer and songwriter Dee Dee (née Kristin Gundred).

The name Dum Dum Girls is a double homage to the Vaselines' album Dum Dum and the Iggy Pop song "Dum Dum Boys".

Next up is another Dum Dum Girls song that I think might be favorite one, "Too True To Be Good". 


Is Dum Dum Girls an all girl group? Kind of/sort of yes and no. 

Mostly the driving force of Dum Dum Girls is Dee Dee but she usually employs female musicians to accompany her. However, it's not an exclusively girls only club with some guys moving in and out of various line ups. 

Another track from the Dum Dum Girls with an ocular themed title: "Rimbaud Eyes".  



These are my favorite tracks from the Dum Dum Girls which I have on heavy rotation on my music play list.

In 2016, Dee Dee announced the end of the Dum Dum Girls, moving onto a new solo project under the name of Kristin Kontrol.

Stay safe, remember to be good to one another and always keep the music alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Star Wars Movies

  Today is May 4th which leads to "May the 4th be with you" which makes this Star Wars Day.  So today's Cinema Saturday will b...