Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanks and Regrets

Today is Thanksgiving. 

It is a day for expressing what we are thankful for. 

I am thankful for my wife, our daughter and our dog. 

No, I am not thankful for being out of work but I am thankful for the generous severance package that allowed me to continue to support my family and maintain our way of life for the last several months. 

I am thankful for Rick, my yard guy. Yes, I have a yard guy. Rick's a Trump guy but he's not in my face about it. And when I needed help taking care of my yard, he stepped up to do what no other neighbor has done before: he offered to help. 

I am thankful for my step brother Roger. Ever since the death of our mother, Roger stepped up to take care of her house. I was going to have to sell it and I was reluctant to do that. But it was going to be a burden to provide for it's upkeep if I didn't sell it. Roger took on the responsibility of helping me keep the house in good shape, protected and cared for. 

I am thankful for Heidi, my therapist. 

I am thankful for Acme Comics, the best comic book shop ever.

I am thankful for I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You. Virtually no one reads the damn thing but writing for this blog has given me purpose when I have otherwise lacked one. 



On a day of expressing our thanks, it may seem counterintuitive to talk about regrets. But this video from Mayim Bialik addresses the topic of having regrets and the value one can get from accepting those regrets. 



I want to close out with one more thing I'm thankful. 

I am thankful for music. And to celebrate that appreciation for music, here is a choral performance of...

Spider-Pig! 


Thanks for reading! 

Until next time, remember to be good to one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: Star Wars Movies

  Today is May 4th which leads to "May the 4th be with you" which makes this Star Wars Day.  So today's Cinema Saturday will b...