Monday, July 22, 2013

No, I Don't Think So#4

Hi there!

Dave-El here and this is my blog, I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You.

Sometimes, the struggle with this blog is to come up with something say. Oh, I can go the whole day with ideas bouncing around my head like so many....bouncy things.  Then I sit down at the keyboard, all prepared to make blogger magic and...POOF!...it all just melts away.

Yes, I write notes to myself through the day but at the end of the day, I honestly have no idea what I was thinking.

"Platypus"? Why did I write down "platypus"? What was I thinking? It's sad when I myself do not what I myself am thinking. I perplexed by the workings of my own mind.  If I ever found a book called "Dave-El's Mind for Dummies", I would be too relieved for the assistance to be freaked out by the existence of such a thing.  

So comes time for the blog and what can I do? Can I be funny? Introspective? Insightful? Witty? Charming?

Answers: No, no, no and why start now.

But I can do stupid. No matter how tired or fried I am, I can bring on the stupid.

So that brings us to today's post.

For the first time since May 31st, I am revisiting a feature called No, I Don't Think So where we look at the efforts of Adam West Batman to toughen up his persona. 

Now what makes this so sad is that people love Adam West Batman. Fans who are oh so serious with their dark and grim Batman with the high pointy ears and the mile long cape have come around to appreciate the value of Batman from the 1960's. Yes, it was campy and silly but without it, would Batman be here today in any form?

I guess the biggest disappointment out of this year's San Diego Comic-Con was the lack of an announcement of a long, long, long awaited release of the 1960's Batman TV show on DVD. It was one of the big pre-con rumors that did not play out.

Still, DC is tapping into this vein of nostalgia with the release of the digital first series, Batman '66, a comic book that captures the joy and magic of that by gone series and the day glo era from which it sprung. Jeff Parker and Jonathan Case with Mike Allred present the world of Adam West Batman that Adam's voice echoes clearly in the mind while reading it.  


But while Batman of the 1960's is being embraced, Adam West Batman feels that he must be different to relate to today's young readers. 

Click here for the previous installment where Adam sought to channel his inner Frank Miller again. The first installment saw Adam West Batman taking his cue from Kevin Conroy.

Today, Adam West Batman turns to the Christopher Nolan films and the performance of Christian Bale as the Dark Knight of Gotham, Batman!

 
 
Oh, come ON, Adam West Batman!
 
Really?
 
Really, really?
 
I'm mean....really?!
 
Sigh!
 
No, Adam West Batman. No, I don't THINK so.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My DMV Adventure

First of all, sorry about yesterday's posts. My birthday rarely yields a celebratory feeling from me but one mostly of a deeply depresse...