Thursday, June 16, 2016

Donald Trump Came To Town


Hi there!


Welcome to another brand new post at I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, a blog imbued with the powers of a radioactive dung beetle. I’m Dave-El and I’m here to Make America Grape Again!


First of all, did you enjoy yesterday’s post on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Give it up y’all for my daughter who did a bang up job on her post yesterday. You are always welcome to contribute to ISGMSAY. Unless I’m posting something of major importance. 

In order words, you’re always welcome.


There will be another post coming up today as we continue with my blog series, The Pixar Project, chronicling my family's re-watch of Pixar movies in chronological order. But before I got to that post, I thought I would be remiss if I didn’t blog a bit about the big time political super star who visited my home town of Greensboro NC on Tuesday. 






Yeah, the Donald was right here in my back yard with his Make America Great Again tour. And by all accounts, it was an awesome show! Appearing at the Special Events Center at the Greensboro Coliseum, Trump appeared before 6,000 people and brought out all his biggest hits.


  • I’m Gonna Build a Wall!
  • Crooked Hillary
  • Obama’s Up to Something
  • Weak People Got No Reason To Lead
  • Radical Islam
  • Muslims, Keep Out!
  • Mexicans Go Home!
  • Women I Find Disgusting (A Medley)
  • I’m Not Racist (But…)
  • Everything I Do Is Awesome!


And many, many more! It was HUGE! His audience loved it!


Here are some actual, honest to God I did not make these up I stole 'em from the newspaper quotes from Trump supporters who attended the rally in Greensboro.


“You don’t get to where he did being a nice guy. He is calling it for what it is.”


“I’m tired of the same old, same old politics. We need a businessman. I’m a businessman. I feel with all my heart that he’s the man to do it.”


“Trump will keep the nation safe at all costs and you can’t trust Hillary.”


“I like capitalism. I like my guns. I like a strong country. I want borders. I do wish Trump could maybe explain himself a little bit better sometimes, but because I am a Trump supporter, I can weed out the bull-crap pretty good.”


“He’s the best candidate by far. We’ve just got to change it up.”


And just to make the event even more special, Tuesday was Donald Trump’s birthday who turned 70. To the right of the stage, four women wore sparkly tiaras reading “Happy Birthday” and carried a silver birthday banner.


Well, bless their hearts. That was sweet!


So, a belated Happy Birthday from ISGMSAY, Mr. Trump. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Greensboro and know you’re welcome to come back anytime.






Has Trump left Greensboro? Good! 


OK, so does anyone know how much it costs to fumigate the Special Events Center at the Greensboro Coliseum?


Later today on the blog thing: Monsters Inc. 

Until next time, remember to be good to one another. And that includes Trump supporters. Because they're special. If you know what I mean.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Doctor Who Is On the Way

 The news broke last week at that the new season of Doctor Who will be debut on Saturday May 11th on the BBC. Doctor Who on Saturday as it...