Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Greetings everyone! Randie here. I’m stealing borrowing dad’s blog for the day to talk about something very near and dear to my heart: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!

Yeah, the new TMNT movie came out recently, and despite my hatred for Michael Bay and the first movie, we still ventured forth from the Fortress of Ineptitude to see it. And, since my dad, Dave-El is off watching TV “fighting crime”, I thought I’d write about it.

First the good!

This thing looked fantastic! CGI never fails to impress me with how far it’s come. The designs were also much better. The turtles still looked a tiny bit like roadkill Shrek, but it was a major improvement from what I saw of the first one. The other mutants (and another thing, but spoilers, Sweetie) also looked great. I was surprised how much the movie designs grew on me, I really thought I’d hate them more than I did.

But this thing wasn’t all looks. I’m not my Dad, so I don’t know jack about the actors and who was who, but, in my opinion, they all did great. Even Megan Fox was actually a passable (and hot!) April. The guy who played Casey was also awesome and I like the thing (censored cuz spoilers) that they added to his backstory. (He was also hot too ^_^).

Overall, everyone seemed to be having fun and it made the whole movie more fun in turn.

Now for the bad.

Okay, I’ll be honest, as fun as the movie was, this plot was kinda dumb. Without spoilers, the story had a million subplots and one of them could’ve been removed entirely with no effect to the story as a whole. The entire thing was beyond cluttered and I think that if you had no idea what TMNT is you’d be pretty lost. (Even I had a little trouble keeping up with some parts.)

 Another thing was Shredder. I’m sorry, I just can’t get behind this Shredder. No spoilers, but he’s kinda an idiot in this thing. Actually, all of the Foot Clan in general were just inept or totally useless. Especially Karai. (The movie doesn’t explain who she is, but the simple version is she’s Shredder’s second in command and normally a total badass.) Karai did nothing but stand behind Shredder. Apart from one time where Karai was guarding some security thing and April came up behind her and…April whacked Karai upside the head. 

Which knocked her out. 

Yep. That was a thing. -_-

Altogether, I enjoyed this movie, but I wouldn’t recommend it to someone who had no idea who the turtles are. At least it was an improvement from the first one. I had fun and that’s all that really matters when it comes to the turtles. <3





All right. There was my attempt at writing a blog post with no help. I think I did pretty good. ^_^ I mean, I didn’t even break...

*distant crash*



...anything?  

Whoops. Hee hee.

On that note, I’m gonna go hide before dad gets back.

Be good to one another.

And I’m So Glad My Dad’s (and my) Suffering Amuses You.


Randie Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: A NewsRadio Security Briefing

Recently my Tik Tok feed has been sending me clips from the classic 1990's NBC sitcom NewsRadio. I don't know why. I mean, I really ...