Thursday, June 30, 2016

Mayonnaise - Day Four



Day Four

SCENE OPENS
The inside of an old opera house in Paris, 1920s. An auction is taking place.

AUCTIONEER

Lot 665, ladies and gentlemen: a papier-mache musical box,
in the shape of a barrel-organ. Attached, the figure of a monkey in Persian robes playing the cymbals.  This item, discovered in the vaults of the theatre, still in working order.


May I start the bidding at twenty francs? Fifteen, then? Fifteen I am bid. Do I hear twenty? Twenty! Excellent! Twenty-five? Do I hear...yes, twenty five! Do I hear...yes, thirty? Do I hear thirty five? Thirty five? Going once! Twice!


Sold, for thirty francs to the Vicomte de Chagny. Thank you, sir.


The box is handed across to RAOUL as he studies it for a moment.


RAOUL (quietly, half to himself, half to the box)

A collector's piece indeed... every detail exactly as she said... She often spoke of you, my friend...
Your velvet lining, and your figurine of lead...

RAOUL looks deeper into the workings of the music box.

RAOUL

Oh my God! There's so much mayonnaise!!!

_____________________________

Tomorrow:



Day Five

Yesterday: Day Three
_____________________________

But before you go, some non-mayonnaise related nonsense.




_____________________________

And now...this!







_____________________________

Thanks for dropping by. Until next time, remember to be good to one another.

Oh, if you really, really are so very much tired of this, Doctor Who stuff is coming in 3 days.

Dave-El
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You

No comments:

Post a Comment

My DMV Adventure

First of all, sorry about yesterday's posts. My birthday rarely yields a celebratory feeling from me but one mostly of a deeply depresse...