Saturday, June 4, 2016

Not That Anyone Asked...

At the very end of my post on Wednesday, May 25th, I posted this image. 



It was a composition from yours truly of these two comic panels. 



This one is a favorite of my mine, taken from a 1970s Christian comic where someone is trying to convince our poor, troubled young lady that God loves her even though...



Well, you know. 

Anyway, I love any excuse to drop into a post this plaintive lass with her woeful obsessions with....what is that again?




Yeah, right. 

The other part of that bit at the end of May 25th's post came from this panel. 



This is from an early issue of Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane with art by Curt Swan and George Klein, I'm guessing. (Definitely Swan's pencils and it looks like Klein's brushwork.)

Anyway, back in the day, Lois was all about landing Superman to be her lawfully wedded super-husband to live in super-bliss in a super-cottage and make super-babies.  

Let's give Lois a bit of credit for staying true to her man because the super spaceman from space is basically offering up what Lois can't get from Superman. Lois's reaction? "Well, that just isn't done!" Oh NOW she has standards.  

Still, chasing a man she can't have while being pursued by another man she doesn't want and it could drive Lois Lane to take desperate measures and become addicted to, oh, I don't know...




OK, that's all I've got for today. Another new blog coming up tomorrow and since tomorrow is Sunday, that means its Doctor Who day. And the return of my ongoing fan fiction script, Lifetime Companion. 

Gee, I better get to writing that. 

Until next time, remember to be good to one another. 

Dave-El
I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You    

No comments:

Post a Comment

My DMV Adventure

First of all, sorry about yesterday's posts. My birthday rarely yields a celebratory feeling from me but one mostly of a deeply depresse...