- He referred to Hillary Clinton as “the devil”, a remarkably over the top comment that defied the rules of debate decorum.
- Trump said if he was President, Clinton would be in jail, a statement more in keeping with dictators than democratically elected presidents.
- Trump compared his “words” about women to Bill Clinton’s “actions” against women. Yes, Donald went there.
- He challenged the moderators that he was being treated unfairly regarding getting sufficient time to speak. In the final tally, Hillary Clinton spoke for 39 minutes. Donald Trump? 40 minutes.
- Trump threw his vice presidential running mate My Pants…Mike Pence, dammit!...under the bus when it came to policy in Syria, saying he hadn’t spoken to Pence and Trump disagreed with him. By the way, Pence’s position on Syria was espoused at Tuesday’s vice presidential debate. Nearly 5 days later and Trump and Pence hadn’t talked about that?
So in the aftermath of the Clinton-Trump rematch, we have Hillary Clinton still struggling against her own negatives but once more looking professional and well informed. And we have Donald Trump who doesn't give a damn about his own negatives and is still appealing to the baser instincts of fear and anger that have propelled his campaign so far.
In other words, we ain't done yet.
Side note unrelated to today's topic. While Hurricane Matthew has moved on, the devastation in its wake continues to wreak havoc in areas of the United States where the hurricane struck. In the southeastern corner of North Carolina where my mom lives, there has been extensive flooding and loss of power. Thankfully, the assisted living facility where my mom lives is undamaged and has back up generators providing power. My 2nd home down there has had some minor water damage which I will need to address as soon as power is restored and some more of the flooding recedes.
A lot of people have been hit hard by this hurricane and its aftermath so please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. And I'm sure charitable organizations like the Red Cross would appreciate your support as they help the victims of this storm and flooding.
Coming up on the blog...
Wednesday: Supergirl makes her big CW debut with a guest appearance by her cousin and mine, Kal-El aka Clark Kent aka Superman. How does the season 2 premier hold up?
Thursday: Two more episodes of Strangers Things were watched this weekend here at the Fortress of Ineptitude. God, I hate this show. And when I say "I hate this show", I mean I can't stand how good this show is and how much I'm enjoying it. Stupid Duffer Brothers and their stupid Netflix show! Anyway, I have a post about that on Thursday.
Friday: Is there a war between Hillary Clinton... and God? I struggle with the realization that a friend I assumed was reasonably intelligent is a Trump supporter of nearly Biblical proportions.
Saturday: I have no idea. Something stupid, knowing the standards of this blog.
Sunday: The continuation of my new Doctor Who fan fiction script. It's Cybermania, Episode Three.
Until next time, remember to be good to one another.