Friday, January 3, 2020

Blog Bidness



Welcome to I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, a one second blog in a millennium internet.



I’m trying embrace the ethos of the whole “it’s a brand new year” thing but it’s not something that easily comes to mind.


Today, the 3rd day of 2020 feels no different from the 17th day or the 159th day or the 274th day or what have you of 2019.

I will be blunt. A lot of that feeling of sameness, this malaise of time is because of politics.

Yes, it's 2020 and...

Donald Trump is an asshole!  

Mitch McConnell is an asshole!  



Lindsey Graham is an asshole!  

Kevin McCarthy...

And Devin Nunes...

And Mick Mulvaney....

And yada yada yada is an asshole!  


Which they were in 2019 so they're still assholes in 2020?

Big fucking deal!




I wish I could say that for my blog's mission statement, I want to move I’m So Glad My Suffering Amuses You away from the political.

It just helps me feel depressed.

And I don't need help feeling depressed.

I think I've got that covered.

I really want to talk more about what really doesn't matter in life. But's it's the stuff that doesn't matter that makes life, ironically enough, matter more.

I want this blog to be MORE about Doctor Who, comic books, TV shows, movies, music and more.

I want this blog to be a forum for fun and joy!

Sorry, I can't ignore Li'l Donnie Trump forever but I will endeavor to make this fucking moron less of a presence on this blog.

Tuesday TV Touchbase will return next week (on Tuesday, natch!) as I talk about whatever I watched on TV.

Except Doctor Who! The new adventures of the Doctor will still get an exclusive forum under Doctor Who Is NEW!

I also want to focus some more on music. Since I've finally figured out how to imbed videos in a post, I want to share some posts on my favorite music. I think I will call it Songs For Saturday and I think I will start that tomorrow.

And I want to share more about movies. Not just whatever movie that I escape the Fortress of Ineptitude to go see on any particular weekend but also talk about movies that I've seen over the course of my life, movies that made an impact and I still recall fondly.

In short, I've got all sorts of better things to do with my time and my blog that waste one minute more than I need to on Donald Trump.

Look, if you're desperate for Trump commentary, check out Mark Evanier's latest Trump Dump. Mark offers some commens on whatever dumb and.or unethical shit Li'l Donnie is up to but leaves the heavy lifting to people who are paid money to write things about Donald Trump.   

As a matter of course, I recommend Mark's News From Me blog for writing that is funny and insightful. (Even if he did willingly go see Cats and... like it?) 

Until next time, remember to be good to one another. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: Woman Haters - The Debut of the Three Stooges

Today's Cinema Sunday post is about a short film that began a big impact on American pop culture.   Debuting on May 5, 1934, exactly 90 ...