Saturday, January 25, 2020

Songs For Saturday #4: Lindsey Stirling, Brooklyn Duo and Sarah Chang

Hi there!  Welcome to another installment of Songs For Saturday where I post links to some music videos for songs I really like. 

Today we're going classical. 

Sort of.  


 Make sure the Bat Headphones are on snug.

Crank up the volume!

And let's hear what I have on tap for today.




Our first performer is a young talent I just enjoy the hell out of.  Lindsey Stirling is a violin virtuoso who can also dance while virtuosoing with the violin.

Today's number is Lindsey's take on a medley from Phantom of the Opera.

Trust me: this song kicks ass!  




Would I lie to you? That was awesome, wasn't it? 

Lindsey Stirling will be making appearances in future editions of Songs For Saturday.

I also love the arrangements of Brooklyn Duo, Marnie and Patrick Laird, a married couple who play the piano and cello. In addition to classical compositions by Bach, Mozart and others, Brooklyn Duo frequently post videos of covers of pop tunes.

Today's song is perhaps my favorite. Joined by Ensemble Connect, here is Brooklyn Duo's "Take On Me" by A-Ha! 



Brooklyn Duo will be back in future installments of Songs For Saturday. 

Finishing off today's post in a violin prodigy named Sarah Chang. I had the good fortune to see her perform live in person a few years ago.

Up next is Sarah performing a work by a genuine classical composer, Antonio Vivaldi.  But if you think you're going to doze off in the middle of this song, I don't think so.  



Vivaldi's The Four Seasons is one my all time favorite classical compositions and Sarah kicks butt with today's selection from Vivaldi's greatest work.  

OK, that's that for...

No! Hold on! Time for a BONUS 4th song! 

I can't link up to Vivaldi without also sharing this favorite song. OK, this song has words so deal. 

Adapted from the "Winter" section of Vivaldi's The Four Seasons, here is River of Dreams by Hayley Westenra.



Oh, man! I love her voice and I the love the arrangement for this song! The strings and harp flow like a gentle river, don't they? 

OK, for real THAT is that today's Songs For Saturday.

Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to keep the music alive.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: Woman Haters - The Debut of the Three Stooges

Today's Cinema Sunday post is about a short film that began a big impact on American pop culture.   Debuting on May 5, 1934, exactly 90 ...