Wednesday, January 8, 2020

My Tongue Hurts

I hope today is better than yesterday. 

Yesterday, my tongue hurt. 

Actually, over the course of a couple of days now, my tongue has hurt. 

No obvious discoloration or bumps or anything else weird or gross. My tongue just... hurts.

Also so did my throat and my head. 

I could've tried to push through and got through my work day but I said, "You know what? Life is short. I should live life like I'm dying." 

So I sent an email to my boss that I wasn't going to work, took a bunch of drugs and crawled back into bed and slept most of the day away. 

From my experience, that's how most people live when they're dying: drugged and sleeping the day way.

Now, everything hurts... less. 

So based on that, I hope today will be better.

On the news front, maybe things are not so good. It seems Iran has fired some rockets into a US military base in Iraq. 

Sen. Lindsey Graham says this is an act of war. 

Funny thing is, Iran probably sees the assassination of Iranian military commander 
Qasem Soleimani as an act of war.  

In a tweet late Tuesday, Donald Trump proclaimed “All is well!” and threatened vowed to address the nation on the situation this morning.

Since this is Donald Trump talking, we can assume all is indeed NOT well.  

On the game show front, all is well with Ken Jennings who secured a win by a slim 200 point margin in game one of Jeopardy's Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) tournament. But a win is a win and Ken now has won one of the three games needed to win this thing and be declared the GOAT! 

Remember to be good to one another. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: Woman Haters - The Debut of the Three Stooges

Today's Cinema Sunday post is about a short film that began a big impact on American pop culture.   Debuting on May 5, 1934, exactly 90 ...