Monday, May 18, 2020

My Face Hurts!

Not much of a blog post today. I spent all day Saturday incapacitated by a really bad headache.  

Or to put it another way...

MY FACE HURTS! HURTS! HURTS! HURTS! 



This time of year is hard on the old sinus cavity. I hate spring! 

My wife kept checking my temperature because she's scared to death I'm going to come down with the 'rona. 

I felt feverish but I never actually had a fever.  What happens is my sinuses get inflamed which makes me feel hot but before those sinuses move from inflamed to infected, I don't actually run a temperature. 

I get all the fun of a sinus infection without having an actual sinus infection. 

In addition to my face hurting, the rest of my body was feeling pretty sore. That owed less to my sinuses and more to our dog.

Saturday evening, I elected take our new dog Rosie out for walk solo. 

Rosie is a good dog but she has this tendency to go bug nuts in the presence of another dog. She's not aggressive in an angry or hostile way. I think she just wants to play but doesn't know how to restrain herself.  

While we were out for a walk, we happened across a brown lab that had gotten loose from its owner.  This brown lab approached us like we were life long buddies. I think this brown lab would've followed us home and moved in with us. Thankfully, this dog's person was able to wrangle the dog back to it's actual home.   

Rosie was all, "IT'S ANOTHER DOG! IT'S ANOTHER DOG! IT'S ANOTHER DOG! IT'S ANOTHER DOG! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY!"

I was eventually able to wrangle Rosie back to our home but at the cost of every muscle in body hurting like a son of a bitch. 

In addition to those aches, I wake up Sunday morning to the mother of sinus head aches! 

MY FACE HURTS! HURTS! HURTS! HURTS! 

I am so glad my suffering amuses you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Sunday: The Man Who Knew Too Much

"A" is for April. And "A" is for Alfred.   As in Alfred Hitchcock. As April draws to a close, Cinema Sunday's Alfred...