Saturday, May 23, 2020

Songs For Saturday: Michael Penn, Rachael Price and XTC


Time for a little song.
Time for a little dance.
Time for some music...
In yer pants!


Well, whattaya know? It's Saturday and around here at I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, it's time for me to share some of my favorite music in a thing I call...


SONGS FOR SATURDAY! 
SONGS FOR SATURDAY! 
SONGS FOR SATURDAY! 
SONGS FOR SATURDAY! 
SONGS FOR SATURDAY! 

Sometimes I have a theme for these posts and sometimes I just throw together some random tunes that I like.

A little of this.

Or a little of that.

And sometimes a little of this AND that. 

With our first song of the day, it's literally "This and That" by Michael Penn. 




One of my favorite classic rock songs is "Can't Find My Way Home" by Blind Faith.  

Here is a beautiful cover of that wonderfully soulful tune by Rachael Price




Next up, here I am with my cheeky little grin (like I'm Phoebe Waller Bridge or something) with a jaunty little number for today's play list. 

This is from the British group XTC, "The Mayor of Simpleton". 



The video is a homage to classic British TV in the 1960s, particularly the ITV spy series The Avengers.

Well, I hope you enjoyed that smattering of totally random tunes. 

Until next time, stay safe, remember to be good to one another and always keep the music alive.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: My Dinner With Andre

Well, it's been a wild ride on Cinema Saturday for the month of April.   We started off with a nuclear submarine on a mission to stop a ...