Saturday, May 9, 2020

Songs For Saturday: Billy Joel, Robert Palmer, David Groh and Nora Jones


Time to slide on the Bat-Head Phones as I share some of my favorite music for another edition of Songs For Saturday. 

Today's theme appears to be couples therapy.


Now don't read anything into any of this. My wife Andrea and I have spent several weeks incarcerated in this prison...  I mean, we've spent several weeks being supportive of each other while we enjoy this opportunity for unity during this time of quarantine.


We're doing just... fine.


Thank you.

First up is one of my favorite songs from 1970s Billy Joel, "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant" as we look at the mercurial relationship of Brenda and Eddie.  








Next up is a tune from the late Robert Palmer. Palmer rocketed to fame in the go-go era of 19850s MTV with a series of videos featuring blank faced models in little black dresses. These videos garnered a lot of attention for Robert Palmer but it was the music  that delivered the goods.

This song is a strange and introspective look by Robert Palmer at the dysfunctional relationship of "Johnny and Mary". 




Sometimes a relationship is not marred by the curse of dysfunction but there exists the question of why that relationship exists.


Like maybe I'm amazed at home much I love you?


Particularly when you're holding a meat cleaver and your eyes are glowing red.


Up next is David Groh and Nora Jones with a cover of the Paul McCartney classic, "Maybe I'm Amazed".  









Well, I hope you've enjoyed Couples Therapy day for this week's edition of Songs For Saturday. 


Again, do not read anything into today's post. Andrea and I are doing just fine, staying to so close to one another in a limited space for many, many, many years... I mean, weeks.


Any thoughts of a homicidal nature are incidental and fleeting and can be easily ignored.


Until next time, remember to be good to one another and to always keep the music alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Saturday: My Dinner With Andre

Well, it's been a wild ride on Cinema Saturday for the month of April.   We started off with a nuclear submarine on a mission to stop a ...