Monday, March 24, 2014

Blog Business

Hi there! I'm Dave-El and welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You.

To my hundreds of readers...
To my dozens of...
To that one person who...
To my imaginary friend who...
To my imaginary acquaintance, I need...
To myself, I need to advise that I'm taking a bit of a break from this blog.  


The daily effort to produce high quality material some damn shit has been an interesting and (more often than not) fun challenge. A lot of stuff posted on this blog has been utterly silly with almost no redeeming value whatsoever but believe it or not, it has proven to be a valuable outlet for me in ways I cannot begin to describe. (At least, not without some alcohol to loosen up some considerably tight inhibitions.) This has been an experiment in creativity that I look forward to continuing for some time to come. 

So what's up now? Really, nothing more than needing to take a break. I've got a lot of work to catch up on at my real job and some personal stuff to do as well.  I just didn't want to be one of those blogs where someone hasn't posted in awhile and a reader might wonder, "Whatever happened to that guy? He hasn't posted in days or weeks!"  So if you are checking in on this blog on a regular basis, let me say three things: 

1) Thank you. 
2) Seek medical attention. 
3) I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You will continue. 

So what's next? Well, this Friday (March 28th) will feature an installment of bROkEN nEWs (gathering a collection of bROkEN nEWs tHaT cOuNts from previous editions.) 

After that, the plan is to have a new "welcome back" post on Thursday, April 3rd followed by the return of ALL NEW bROkEN nEWs on Friday, April 4th and subsequent daily posts after that with more...


  • Doctor Who Saturday
  • DC Comics and Me 
  • This (Non) Sporting Life 


Plus another weekly feature in the vein of The Internet Is For CORN and Knock-Knock the Interrupting Cow.  

And maybe, just maybe, poetry. 

Yes, poetry.

And of course I can't produce this awesome alleged blog without financial help so look forward to some messages from new (and possibly some classic) sponsors. 


Also, sex. 

Well, it might happen. 

If you're a new or returning visitor, please peruse the menu on the right side of screen for prior posts of varying degrees of strangeness, weirdness and goofiness. 

If I may, let me also direct to some other blogs that I personally find entertaining and highly recommend: 




In the meantime, remember to be good to one another. 



















__________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

An April 24th Birthday Post

I was born on April 24, 1963 which makes me 61 years old today. But I am not quite frankly that interesting and I'm not exactly where I ...