- Netflix account as education expense
- Morning coffee as a medical expense (Even though my consumption of caffeine saves the lives of those around me!)
- At least 1/3 of my employee income since 1/3 of my day is spent taking a nap under my desk
- Claiming deduction as a widower (My wife objected to that one; she can be so damn picky about things!)
- Counting my mom's cat as elder care expense
- The purchase of my daughter's smart phone as a child care expense
- 10 bottles of whiskey as deductible medical costs
- Twitter hashtags as business expense
- My purchase of a Make America Great Again hat as a charitable expense
- Listing the voices in my head as dependents
Friday, April 15, 2016
Rejected Tax Deductions
Hi there! Welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, a blog not accepted by the IRS as a tax deduction. I'm Dave-El and I may need the number for a good tax attorney.
Well, today is April 15th which is typically the deadline here in the United States for filing our income taxes. I'm not sure how this came about but this year, we have until the 18th which is Monday. So that means 3 more days to put off doing our taxes and yet another reason to hate Mondays.
As I've paid down the mortgage on my home, I'm getting less of a break on my home loan interest which means smaller refunds. In fact, I have reached the point where I may have to start owing taxes now unless I can come up with some other deductions.
After some research and a little trial and error, I have at least narrowed down what deductions I should NOT take on my taxes. These are ideas I shared on Twitter when the hashtag
#RejectedTaxDeductions was trending a few weeks ago.
So these are things you should NOT count as a deduction on your income taxes. Here we go!
Hello. As I write this, it's 5:40 in the frickin' morning here at the Fortress of Ineptitude. Weekday mornings, it's all I can d...
There's nothing that'll make you feel old more than the passing of people from your youth. Well, that's kind of a bummer of ...
Hello, everyone! And welcome to the... I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You 200th Blog Post Special!! *200th Post* *200th Post* *...
Panels from "Part 4" in Superman #400 (October 1984), script by Elliot S! Maggin, pencils by Marshall Rogers, inks by Terry A...