Saturday, August 4, 2018

Poll Position

Li'l Donnie Trump got so excited by some really good news!   


Well, good for you, Li'l Donnie! Whose a good boy with his 50% approval rating? Here, have a Coke and a cheeseburger!

And what, pray tell, is this fershlugginer poll singing such praises of approval about Trump? 

The Rasmussen poll tends to skew a bit older than most other pollsters. Mostly senior citizens who still answer their landline whenever it rings. Fox News' key demographic. 

Really, no one with any intelligence takes the Rasmussen poll seriously. 

So naturally, Trump loves it.   

Given the inherent limitations of the Rasmussen poll and the inherently Trump friendly audience the pollsters are calling, I might question why ONLY 50% approval?  

The flip side of 50% approving of you is that 50% do not. Over on Twitter, Dreamweasel made this observation.  

Donald Trump’s victory laps for “ONLY HALF THE COUNTRY THINKS I SUCK” will never not be pathetic.

Unfortunately, I was able to channel how Li'l Donnie might look at this number.   

50% Approval Rating is GREAT NEWS! 
50% disapproval is FAKE NEWS! 
Since 50% disapproval is FAKE NEWS, it doesn't count! 
So 50% Approval Rating is actually like 100%!
Which makes sense! I am more popular than Lincoln! I am America's favorite president! 

I also considered the possibility that the sample the Rasmussen poll used was really small. 

Just two people. 

ERIC TRUMP: It was me, daddy! ME! Your son, Eric! Over here! Daddy?

DONALD TRUMP JR: (Says nothing, looking at the rumpled Mueller subpoena in his hand.)

ERIC: The phone rang! And I answered it! Just like a big boy, Daddy! And they asked me if I liked Donald Trump! I love my Daddy! Me, Eric! Daddy, I told the people on the phone I loved you! Daddy?

DON JR: (Still says nothing, nervously avoids eye contact)

ERIC: Me! I still approve of you! Remember me? Your son? Eric! Daddy?

So there's that.

Let's see if we can avoid that bloated moronic maniac Trump in my blog for a day.

You can't go wrong with a Doctor Who check in so we'll take a look at that tomorrow.

Until next time, good-bye and remember to be good to one another.

ERIC: Daddy! It's me, Eric I told the people...

...

...

on the phone, I....

...

told them I love....

...

...

you.

...

...

...

Me, Eric.

...


...

Daddy?



No comments:

Post a Comment

News of the World: Storms and War and Other Things

Over the weekend, really bad weather hit the mid west United States with tornadoes.  A LOT of tornadoes. And VERY BIG tornadoes.  One really...