Sunday, July 1, 2018

Lois Lane Vs. Death

Hi there and welcome to I'm so Glad My Suffering Amuses You and our strange series of special posts whilst I am off not blogging, Lois Lane Versus.

Today's installment, Lois Lane Vs. Death!   

art by Dick Giordano  


There were a lot of covers of Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane showing our intrepid girl reporter being cut down by death's scythe.  In issue #115, Lois Lane gets a typewriter allows her to write an obituary before a person has died. Naturally, she winds up predicting her own death.


art by Bob Oskner  

Not only were there lots of covers where Lois is dead but it's Superman's fault.  In this case, Lois cheats death by not being Lois. It's all part of a scheme set up by Superman  to protect Lois from a band of killers, involving a robot Lois, a phony wedding and a ring that transports the real Lois to another dimension.


art by Curt Swan and Murphy Anderson  
The circumstances of Lois's death take place over two issues.  Lois is wooed by an Indian rajah who is actually Satdev (as in Satan Devil) who is an alien from the planet Nferino (Inferno, get it). Superman battles Satdev which results in Lois getting killed but not really. Lois agrees to marry Satdev but then changes her mind.  

I'm not making any of that up. 

If that sounds a bit weird and outlandish, perhaps we should take a look at the next challenge of Lois Lane Versus. 

Lois solves racism, y'all!   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: A NewsRadio Security Briefing

Recently my Tik Tok feed has been sending me clips from the classic 1990's NBC sitcom NewsRadio. I don't know why. I mean, I really ...