Tuesday, January 7, 2014

NEW GIRL by Jack Kirby#5


Hi there! I'm Dave-El and this is I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, the blog that points out that DESCHANEL spelled backward is LENAHCSED which of course spells the name of Lena H. C'Sed, a famous Belgian giraffe tamer.

OK, fine! I made that up! Lena was from Norway.

Anyway, today is a BRAND NEW installment of my ongoing attempts to solicit the ire of the Jack Kirby estate or what I assume must be the extensive and high powered team of attorneys that represent the talented and charming Zooey Deschanel

I call it....NEW GIRL by Jack Kirby and today is the 5th installment of this incredibly lacking in any significant value whatsoever waste of time. 

Basically it is a mash up of a photo of Zooey Deschanel, star of the hit FOX sitcom New Girl, and a cover from Jack Kirby's seminal creation for DC Comics, New Gods.

Here are the previous four installments:
New Girl by Jack Kirby#1
New Girl by Jack Kirby#2
New Girl by Jack Kirby#3
New Girl by Jack Kirby#4

And now here we go with....

New Girl by Jack Kirby#5!



 
 
 
Below is the un-Zooenized cover to New Gods#5.
 
 
 
 
And below, completely devoid of any Kirby Krackle, is Zooey Deschanel. Interesting factoid.  While I call this NEW GIRL by Jack Kirby, the photos of Zooey used in the first 4 installments were from various publicity and red carpet appearances Zooey Deschanel has made before or independent of New Girl.  Until today.  For the first time ever, today's photo is a still from an actual episode of New Girl. 
 
 
 
 

There are six more issues of Jack Kirby's original run of New Gods. Will there be six more appearances of Zooey Deschanel as the lovably quirky Jess as she fights the combined forces of Darkseid and Schmidt?

Only time will tell.

Also if I get bored.

Be good to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: A NewsRadio Security Briefing

Recently my Tik Tok feed has been sending me clips from the classic 1990's NBC sitcom NewsRadio. I don't know why. I mean, I really ...