Friday, April 26, 2013

Puppets At a Funeral


Hello, everyone! Dave-El here and welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, now with EXTRA baking soda!


In this post, I want to share something from Twitter I saw this morning.


Bucky Isotope@BuckyIsotope23 Mar
Cookie Monster delivering the eulogy at Bert's funeral. Head bowed low. Stillness. "Me want cookies," he sadly intones. "Me want cookies."
 
 
I just fell out laughing over this. I could see and hear Cookie Monster doing just that. And the mood is so effectively conveyed with a minimum of words. Good job!
 
But then my mind began to ponder....what if other characters from Sesame Street had to speak at Bert's funeral?  So, with apologies to Bucky Isotope, I would like to present...
 
 
Puppets At a Funeral
 
Elmo at Bert's funeral: "Elmo sad. Tee hee hee hee! Elmo also ticklish. But mosly Elmo sad."
 
Big Bird at Bert's funeral: "I think heaven is filled with lots & lots of bird seed. Which is bad for Bert. I don't think he liked bird seed."
 
The Count at Bert's funeral: "Blah! How many ways did we love Bert? I shall count them!
                                                                            Thank you!"
 
Oscar the Grouch at Bert's funeral: "Well, Bert's gone and...and I'm sad...sad that the rest of you aren't gone as well!"
 
And finally...
 
Ernie at Bert's funeral: "Bert? Bert? Get up,Bert! I found my rubber ducky! It was in the bathtub! Do hear me, Bert?"
 
And the scene ends as we fade out from....
 
Puppets At a Funeral!
 
Brought to by the letter E and the number 7.
______________________________________________________
 
Thanks again to Bucky Isotope for the inspiration. Your first tweet is still the best of the bunch.
______________________________________________________
 
Bucky can be found on Twitter at https://twitter.com/BuckyIsotope.
 
And your truly, the dapper Dave-El is on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DayWayLo
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday TV Touchbase: Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV

Andrea and I finished up the documentary series Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV   .  The 5 episode series chronicles the lives of chi...