The topic #ThingsThatAnnoyMe was trending on Twitter on the evening of April 4th and once more the mad scientist in me saw an opportunity. Being a mad scientist can be a lonely life and there are few people to talk to and share the burdens that come with genius. I am genuinely moved by this chance...to share these personal thoughts on Twitter*.
*Where I can be found at https://twitter.com/DayWayLo.
- I'm going to work on my experimental teleporter & I've misplaced my Phillips screwdriver! Oh, come on, it was just here!
- Not NOW, Mother! I'm experimenting with teleportation! Oooh, I hate interruptions!
#ThingsThatAnnoyMe And where is that damn screwdriver?
- No, Mother! That's a FLATHEAD screwdriver! Is it so hard to get good help?
#ThingsThatAnnoyMe Oh, just wait! When I perfect teleportation..!
- Found it! Now to start on the teleporter! Wha..? Shoo,fly! Shoo! I'm a SCIENTIST, damn it! MOTHER! There's a fly in here!
- Oh,for proper working lab conditions! Working on a teleporter in the basement? Bet they don't deal with this crap at MIT!
- I hate MIT!
#ThingsThatAnnoyMe Wouldn't let me in,said I was "unstable"."Unstable"? I'll show THEM! With my teleporter,I'll show them ALL!
- NO, Mother! I will NOT keep it DOWN! I am a SCIENTIST! I have a right to rant! And that damn fly is still in here!
- Blast! Magnesium coils in my energy inverter overheating again?! Oh,to have REAL magnesium coils instead of COAT HANGERS!
- No, Mother! Nothing's burning down here! I'm EXPERIMENTING!
#ThingsThatAnnoyMe I said SHOO, fly! Wait, what's that humming? Uh oh, my telepo
- Whoa! So much smoke! I bet they have proper ventilation at MIT for just such a situation.
#ThingsThatAnnoyMe Uh, what's that in the smoke? #ThingsThatAnnoyMe Mother? That fly that was in here? Uh, do...do we have a fly swatter? Perhaps a...a human sized one?! Mother? MOMMMMM!!!
And then, there was this exchange: