Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Mad Scientist's Lament: Things That Annoy Me


The topic #ThingsThatAnnoyMe was trending on Twitter on the evening of April 4th and once more the mad scientist in me saw an opportunity.  Being a mad scientist can be a lonely life and there are few people to talk to and share the burdens that come with genius. I am genuinely moved by this chance...to share these personal thoughts on Twitter*.

*Where I can be found at https://twitter.com/DayWayLo.
________________________________________________________________

  •  I'm going to work on my experimental teleporter & I've misplaced my Phillips screwdriver! Oh, come on, it was just here!

  • Not NOW, Mother! I'm experimenting with teleportation! Oooh, I hate interruptions! And where is that damn screwdriver?

  • No, Mother! That's a FLATHEAD screwdriver! Is it so hard to get good help? Oh, just wait! When I perfect teleportation..!

  • Found it! Now to start on the teleporter! Wha..? Shoo,fly! Shoo! I'm a SCIENTIST, damn it! MOTHER! There's a fly in here!

  • Oh,for proper working lab conditions! Working on a teleporter in the basement? Bet they don't deal with this crap at MIT!

  • I hate MIT! Wouldn't let me in,said I was "unstable"."Unstable"? I'll show THEM! With my teleporter,I'll show them ALL!

  • NO, Mother! I will NOT keep it DOWN! I am a SCIENTIST! I have a right to rant! And that damn fly is still in here!

  • Blast! Magnesium coils in my energy inverter overheating again?! Oh,to have REAL magnesium coils instead of COAT HANGERS!

  • No, Mother! Nothing's burning down here! I'm EXPERIMENTING! I said SHOO, fly! Wait, what's that humming? Uh oh, my telepo

  • Whoa! So much smoke! I bet they have proper ventilation at MIT for just such a situation. Uh, what's that in the smoke?

  • Mother? That fly that was in here? Uh, do...do we have a fly swatter? Perhaps a...a human sized one?! Mother? MOMMMMM!!!

The End.....or is it? (Yes, it is the end. Stop bothering me.)
_______________________________________________________

And then, there was this exchange:

  • I have to say, your being annoyed is making for quiet the entertainment for me :)

  • YOU'RE entertained? I've been EATEN BY A GIANT FLY! I am SO glad my suffering amuses you! *Hey,that's my blog!
    __________________________________________________________
     
    Check the blog archives for The Mad Scientist's Lament: What I'm Tired Of Hearing.

     

    Superman Reborn

    Prior to September 2011, the status quo for Superman was that Clark and Lois were married.   Then in September 2011, the New 52 ...