Over the course of the last two years, this blog has expended a lot of words on the subject of politics. My fascination with politics is akin to how some men feel about fantasy football except the object of my fascination is less fantasy and more nightmare. Instead of matching stats between Tom Brady and Cam Newton, politics is more like comparing attributes between Lucifer and Cthulhu.
*I just saw a headline where the FBI is now apparently on board with the CIA on this conclusion. Haven't read the deets on this yet.**
**I've been told I'm too old to use "deets" in place of "details".
But there is no denying Russian influence in our election and that should be cause for concern, no matter what side of the political fence you are. And believe it or not, there are Republicans who in tandem with Democrats think this is wrong AND needs to be handled quickly, directly and forcefully. America should NOT permit interference in our democracy by outside forces.
Then he makes things worse.
- Everyone is in a tizzy that Russia is fucking with America.
- Trump denies Russia is fucking with America.
- Trump nominates a pro-Russian oil dude as Secretary of State.
- Trump nominates Rick Perry as Secretary of the Department of Energy, a man who want to shut down… the Department of Energy.
- Trump’s choice to head up the EPA doesn’t believe in climate change.
- To head up the Department of Labor, Trump wants the CEO of Hardee’s/Carl’s Jr, a strong vocal opponent of increasing the minimum wage.