Saturday, December 10, 2016

The 12 Doctors of Christmas - The War Doctor Would Like A Word Please



Over the last 6 days and 12 posts, we've presented a rather silly series on the 12 Doctors of Christmas. However, today I wanted to acknowledge the War Doctor and a more serious song of the season. 

"I'll Be Home for Christmas" was recorded in 1943 by Bing Crosby and was written to honor soldiers overseas who longed to be home at Christmastime.  

So this post is in tribute to those soldiers who are far from home. And representing those real heroes who serve our country, the War Doctor is a symbol of the sacrifices made in the name of service and honor. For the War Doctor, he sacrificed all that was important to him to put an end to a long and devastating war.  



Thanks for dropping by today. Tomorrow is a post not connected to Doctor Who but to another time traveller, one who I know personally. More on that in Sunday's post. Until then, remember to be good to one another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

An April 24th Birthday Post

I was born on April 24, 1963 which makes me 61 years old today. But I am not quite frankly that interesting and I'm not exactly where I ...