Sunday, December 25, 2016

Why It's Christmas Day, Doctor!

Hello there and Merry Christmas!

I'm Dave-El and as this particular post of I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You goes live at 5 AM on Sunday (United States, Eastern Time), I will likely still be asleep. But will that be after a full night of slumber to be awakened in an hour (maybe two) by my excited daughter Randie as she gathers my wife Andrea and I around the Christmas trees to open presents in the first glint of the rising sun of Christmas morning?

Or will it be after Andrea and I collapsed backed into bed at around 2:00 AM because Randie is of the opinion that anything from 12:01 AM is technically Christmas morning, you know?

Given how things have gone for the last few years, it will probably be the latter. Andrea grouses about it but I have to say, it kind of works out for me. Instead of being rousted out of bed early in the morning on Christmas Day, I get to sleep in.

Think of it as a bit of time travel done on the cheap. I'm getting my midnight sleep at 2 AM with a 10 AM wake up call instead of a 6 AM wake up call by taking care of the 6 AM  gift opening at 12:15 AM.

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey!

It is appropriate to bring time travel into today's post. In addition to being Christmas Day, today is also Sunday which is typically Doctor Who day around these internet parts.

Below is a photo from the 2014 Christmas special when the 12th Doctor met Santa Claus.




Santa's still pushing the tangerines, I see.

Later this evening is the debut of the 2016 Doctor Who Christmas special, The Return of Doctor Mysterio, where the Doctor meets an honest to goodness super hero. It's going to be a most interesting encounter.

It will certainly be a most welcome return of the Doctor to our TV screens with an ALL NEW adventure. And just around the corner in 2017 is Series 10 which is a good thing to look forward.

And I may be inflicting a new Doctor Who fan fiction on this site in the weeks before Series 10 debuts. Whether or not that is a good thing to look forward to, well, your mileage may vary.

Before I wrap up today's post, here's a look at Doctors 1 through 11 inside the TARDIS all decked out for the holidays.






And click here for this post from two weeks ago that concluded the 12 Doctors of Christmas posts for a little extra holiday cheer.  

Thanks for dropping by today. I'll be back with another post tomorrow. And look for a write up on the Doctor Who special which I will likely post sometime BEFORE next Sunday. 

Until next time, remember to be good to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Friday Video Link: It's a Beavis & Butthead Renaissance

  This image below has been making the rounds on social media following this past weekend's Saturday Night Live. It's Mikey Day and ...