Saturday, March 18, 2017

ENCORE POST: BATMAN GOES TO A RESTAURANT!

Hi there! Welcome to I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You, a Boy Wonder blog in a Dark Knight internet. I'm Dave-El.

Yes, today's post is an ENCORE POST. Yes, I know I've relied on the crutch of re-runs more than a few times this month. But I'm still working on getting my groove back when it comes to blogging, both my mental (creative) groove as well as my physical groove (my left hand is starting to become slightly more helpful when typing). 

Today's encore originally posted here on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 and it's called....


BATMAN GOES TO A RESTAURANT!

This...is the Batman. A grim avenger of the night, he dwells in the shadows of Gotham City to strike at the vicious and cowardly criminals who threaten the safety and well-being of Gotham's law abiding citizens.

Sometimes, the Batman has allies in his war against crime. But more often than not...

Batman watches over Gotham...alone.

Batman stands alone.

Batman fights alone.

And sometimes...

...sometimes....

Batman must dine...alone.

And now, I'm So Glad My Suffering Amuses You presents the tale of what happens when the Caped Crusader decides he wants a pork chop from Gotham City's finest dining establishment.




"I am VENGEANCE! I am the NIGHT! I...could use a quick bite to eat."
Batman illustration by Simone Bianchi

  

Hostess: Hello! Welcome to the Gotham Club.
 
Batman: Good evening! I'm Batman.
 
Hostess: How may I help you?
 
Batman: Yes, I have a reservation.
 
Hostess: A reservation for...how many?
 
Batman: One.
 
Hostess: (looks around Batman) One?
 
Batman: Yes, one.
 
Hostess: Just one.
 
Batman: Yep. Just...one. Me.
 
Hostess: Right. And the reservation is under....?
 
Batman: Batman.
 
Hostess: Batman?
 
Batman: Batman
 
Hostess: Batman, Batman, Bat- Hmmmm! BARTman?
 
Batman: Batman!
 
Hostess: Batman, right. Hmmmm! Buttman?
 
Batman: Batman!

Penguin: Wauk! Miss, I'm (heh! heh!) "Mr. Buttman!" (snort!) That's my reservation!
 
Batman: Penguin?! You fiendish fowl!

Penguin: Don't ruffle your feathers, Caped Crusader. Just here for some fresh halibut. Wauk!

Hostess: Your table is this way, Mr. Buttman.

Penguin: Wauk! Wauk!

Batman: (muttering) Buttman.

Hostess: Buttman, let me see...

Batman: No, no, no! Not Buttman. Batman!

Hostess: Batman, Batman, Batman...

Batman: Is there a problem?

Hostess: I don't see a reservation for Batman.
Batman: (sigh) Look under "The".
 
Hostess: The.
 
Batman: Yes.
 
Hostess: The what?

Batman: Batman.
 
Hostess: Batman, Batman, hmmmm....
 
Batman: No,The...Batman. The Batman. The. Batman.
 
Hostess: The Batman.
 
Batman: Yes!
 
Hostess: Hmmmm..a-ha! Here it is. The Batman.
 
Batman: Good!
 
Hostess: Good. This way, I'll take you to your table, The Batman.
 
Batman: No, just "Batman."
 
Hostess: What?
 
Batman: (sigh) No, just....never mind.

___________________________________________
Thank you! This has been a special presentation of......

BATMAN GOES TO A RESTAURANT!
______________________________________
Next time, BATMAN GOES TO A DRY CLEANER!
Batman: What do you mean you gave my cape to someone else? Really?_______________________________________ 

Tomorrow's post is an ALL NEW one as we take a look at the latest trailer for Doctor Who series 10.

Until next time, remember to be good to one another. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An April 24th Birthday Post

I was born on April 24, 1963 which makes me 61 years old today. But I am not quite frankly that interesting and I'm not exactly where I ...